It seems like this three letter word is getting cult status amongst the latest generation. The latest word is in everyone's dictionary.
"Emo", as you know by now, stands for "emotional".
It is often used in such scenarios:
[In a classroom. Active boy sits down and doesn't interact much with others for that day.]
[Enters good friend]
Good friend: WAH LAU EH WHAT YOU DOING THERE SIAH DON'T EMO LAH COME LET'S GO FOR RECESS.
or
[Cheerful teacher doesn't smile much that day.]
"Concerned" aka kaypoh students: CHER WHY YOU SO EMO TODAY?
--
Yes, the capital letters is a true reflection of how loud your voices are. I mean, why shout, when I'm just in front of you.
Anyway, that's a brief introduction of the word 'emo'.
Do you know the origin of this word? It is actually used in the music industry, where it represents a genre of rock music. In Singapore, people like Paul Twohill (and his hairstyle) comes to mind. Then it spread its coverage to include people who were perpetually sad because of whatever reasons. Out popped emo cartoons. If you have not heard of pon and zi, OMG where have you been these few years man?

Go google 'pon and zi' and check out the images. You might need some tissues too *sob*.
English words are fascinating. Just some years ago, you will never find 'google' in the dictionary. Now you can use the word 'google' as a verb! I just showed you the example above: google for something. I will google it. Interesting isn't it?
Back to our case at hand.
When we talk about emo, what's the erm, most 'emo' sentence you have ever come across? Do share them with everyone! Or tell me what you have conjured up?
Here's mine. I saw this somewhere and I thought it was wonderful.
"I wish I am grass so I can cut myself."
Powerful isn't it? Do remember though that that should never happen. There is always help available. There is no problem too huge; just seek help. =D
No comments:
Post a Comment